Wasatch Range Eventing Association
The WRE-ix is dedicated to the education, development and promotion of the sport of eventing along the Wasatch Front
The WRE-IX is a community of event riders in Utah. We provide a way to network with other eventers, get together during social events at local shows, and find trainers to help you achieve your riding goals.
To further the education and development, our community strives to support and organize clinics with renowned riders and competitors as well as local 2-phase events, and make participation in these events affordable for our local eventers.
The Current WRE-IX Board
The Area IX Young Rider Program is offered through the United States Eventing Association (USEA) for riders 21 years of age or younger. The program accommodates riders of all levels. Our hope is to generate involvement early on, helping all levels of riders realize their goals and achieve success through dedication, hard work, and discipline.
The sport of Eventing includes three major disciplines which every horse and rider must complete: Dressage, Cross-Country and Show Jumping. Eventing is one of the three equestrian sports represented at the Olympics where men and women compete, equally, with one another. The Young Riders of today make up the future of this wonderful sport.
What is the purpose of the Young Rider Program?
- To encourage and support the sport of Eventing in competitors twenty-one years of age and younger.
- To make Young Riders aware of educational opportunities – coaching, course walks, clinics, camps, mentorships, etc.
- To promote good sportsmanship and the facilitation of working as a team member.
- To develop respect for the horse, without whom none of this is possible.
- To develop camaraderie among Young Riders, thus, hopefully, developing lifelong friendships and a commitment to the sport, which will be carried on as members of the USEA, volunteers at local events, coaches, trainers, competitors, and consumers of equine products.
- To field a team of Intermediate level Young Riders who will represent our Area IX at the three-star level (CH-YR***) at the North American Youth Championships (NAYC).
- To field a team of Preliminary level Young Riders who will represent our Area IX at the two-star level (CH-J**) at the North American Youth Championships (NAYC).
Area IX Young Rider Membership
We would like to invite you to join the Area IX Young Rider Program. The Program is open to riders 21 years of age and under who live in Area IX (Colorado, Wyoming and Utah). All memberships must be generated and paid through the USEA. This can be done at the time of your annual USEA renewal or at any time following.
For USEA membership and information, visit http://useventing.com/membership. Please contact Jennifer Hardwick at USEA (http://useventing.com/resource/contact-usea) should you have any problems with renewing online.
For more information about the Area IX Young Rider Program and events, please visit their main page.